Our conference venue is the Université of Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, which is situated just two minutes' walk from the RER station Nanterre Université, which is two stops from La Défense and about 15 minutes by RER and metro from the centre of Paris.
Download a campus map (JPG) showing the buildings we will be using:
- blue for buildings where workshops will take place
- red for logistic points (restaurant, train station and parking)
- green for cultural and entertainment spaces: the 'green 'D' indicates the building with a printing facility; the library also offers internet connections and some computers (you have to stand); the Reverdy Hall is the venue for Wednesday night's entertainment.
France is part of the EU requiring a Schengen visa. If you require a letter of support for your application, please email conference(at)easaonline.org, with 'Visa Support Letter' in the subject line. Include your name, place of birth, passport number, place & date of issue, expiry date, and who will be covering your trip costs. The French government will expect us to write that your registration fees have been paid - so if you are not receiving registration funding from EASA, please ensure that you have paid your fee.
If you are a resident in the EU, please make sure you bring your up-to-date European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you to France - this makes getting free health care more straightforward in the event of ill health. If you are not resident in the EU, we would recommend your taking out health insurance for the duration of your travels.
GETTING TO THE VENUE
From Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport: take the train RER B going to Paris. Change at Châtelet in order to take the train RER A going to St-Germain-en-Laye. Get out at Nanterre-Université.
From Orly Airport: take the ORLYVAL and then the train RER B going to Paris. Change at Châtelet in order to take the train RER A going to St-Germain-en-Laye. Get out at Nanterre-Université.
From the train stations
From Gare du Nord: take the metro line 4 to Porte d’Orléans. Change at Châtelet in order to take the train RER A going to St-Germain-en-Laye. Get out at Nanterre-Université.
From Gare de Lyon: take the train RER A going to St-Germain-en-Laye. Get out at Nanterre-Université.
From Gare Montparnasse: take the metro line 4 to Porte de Clignancourt. Change at Châtelet in order to take the train RER A going to St-Germain-en-Laye. Get out at Nanterre-Université.
For more info see: www.ratp.fr
Delegates may park their car in the parking area marked in red on the map. If you wish to leave your car overnight, it is preferable to park in the underground parking. Please contact the security staff via the reception desk.
- Taxis G7: Phone: 3607 (or 0147394739). If you need an operator speaking English, phone: 0141276699
- Les taxis bleus: Phone: 3609
For full info on the extensive Paris metro system visit www.ratp.fr
The possible tickets you might buy are:
- Ticket t+: for 1 trip by subway/RER inside Paris (1st zone); price: 1.70 €, 10 tickets for 12.70 € or 6.35 € with reduced rate (children from 4 to 10).
- Ticket Orlyval: from Paris to the Orly Airport; price: 10.90 €
- Forfait Paris-Visite: flat-rate ticket for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days inside Paris (1st zone); price for 1 day: 9.75 €, 2 days: 15.85 €, 3 days: 21.60 €.
- Ticket jeune week-end: unlimited access for young people (< 26) in 3 zones during weekends; price: 3.55 €/day.
- Ticket Paris/Nanterre-Université: simple single ticket to go from Paris to Nanterre University (3rd zone); price: 2.50 €.
Access for those with disabilities
There are elevators at the RER station and in all the University buildings.
France’s National Day is celebrated on the 14th July with fireworks, dancing, and a military parade on the Champs-Elysées. A list of the popular dances will be given.
Musée d’Orsay : « Misia, reine de Paris » http://www.musee-orsay.fr/
Musée Rodin : « Rodin, la chair, le marbre » http://www.musee-rodin.fr/fr
Musée du Quai Branly : « Les maîtres du désordre » et « Les séductions du palais » http://www.quaibranly.fr/
Musée du Louvre : « Wim Delvoye Au Louvre » http://www.louvre.fr/
Château de Versailles : « Grandes Eaux musicales » http://www.chateauversailles.fr/homepage
PARIS Museum Pass: 39 euros for 2 days http://www.parismuseumpass.com/
The 'Maison Daniel-Fery' offers activities for 11-25 year olds. A: 10/14. bd Jules-Mansart, 92 000 Nanterre; T: 01 47 29 39 92
The phone line should give more information than the web address above.