Notice to all Members of the Association of an Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Association
To be held on Friday, 22nd July 2016 at 17:00 at the University of Milano-Bicocca.
European Association of Social Anthropologists (“the Association”)
Company Number: 05181210; Charity Number: 210807
An agenda detailing the business to be transacted and resolutions to be proposed at this annual general meeting is attached to this Notice.
Members’ rights to appoint proxies
Each voting member of the Association has a right pursuant to the Companies Act 2006 to appoint another person (“Proxy”) to attend, speak and vote at the annual general meeting on Friday, 22nd July 2016 on his or her behalf. Any person wishing to appoint another person as his or her Proxy must deliver the Proxy Notice to the Association’s registered office (for the attention of The Secretary) not less than 48 hours before the annual general meeting on Friday, 22nd July 2016 (in our case this would normally be done by email).
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of previous AGM held on Wednesday, 15th October 2015: to approve the minutes as a true record of the meeting.
3. Annual Reports and Accounts
Treasurer: receipt of accounts for the year to 31st December 2015
4. Appointment of Auditors: to reappoint Friend-James Ltd, Park Gate 161-163 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF, UK, as the Association’s accountants and to authorise the Trustees to approve the remuneration.
5. Special resolution to ratify the change of objects voted for online in June 2015, to:
The objects of the Association are to promote education and research in social anthropology by improving understanding of world societies and encouraging professional communication and cooperation between anthropologists, especially in Europe.
6. Any other business/ requests by members
7. Announcements: EASA 2018; new book series editor; announcement of election of Trustees