15th EASA Biennial Conference
Staying, Moving, Settling
14-17 August, 2018
Through the generous award of $20,000 from the Wenner-Gren Foundation and the contribution from EASA of a further €25,000, EASA is able to allocate support funds to help with delegate attendance.
The rules and criteria are straightforward:
- ALL applications must be submitted via the online form.
- You should not seek 'double-funding'. Our aim is to support those who have partial funding or no funding at all.
- Requests for funding may cover registration, accommodation, and travel, but NOT membership subscriptions.
- Only those earning 1200 EUR or less net income* per month may apply but first consideration will go to those who earn less than 1000 EUR net income per month.
- Priority will be given to early-career academics and students, as well as those convening a panel, roundtable, lab or presenting a paper or film. All these things being equal, long-term EASA members will be given priority.
- Please keep your 'other information' question concise. Details about your paper, how important this conference is to your career, etc. are not helpful. Keep to facts regarding alternate sources of funding, etc.
- If you make a mistake, please do not resubmit, but email conference(at)easaonline.org.
- Deadline EXTENDED UNTIL 23rd May (midnight CET)
* ‘net income’ means your income after tax, i.e. the amount you receive each month once tax has been deducted.
We will endeavour to make and communicate decisions by the 4th June.
Funding will either be allocated as a registration fee waiver in our system, or remitted to recipients' bank accounts on receipt of electronic receipts for travel and accommodation. If a delegate does not attend the conference for whatever reason (accident, family emergency, visa restriction, etc), they will be expected to return the full sum. If receipts are not submitted, funding is forfeit. These are the conditions accepted in applying for the funds.
The last two biennials received between three and four times the number of applications than those we could actually assist. With the continued economic downturn and deterioration in institutional funding, competition will be huge. Applications have greater chance of success if the amount requested is low or just for registration fee waivers, as we are looking for maximum spread.This funding call is now closed. The EASA2018 funding committee are now working through the applications and we hope to notify all applicants on 4 June