OPEN CALL: 6th Belgrade School of Visual Anthropology, 1st-10th July, Belgrade, Serbia
OPEN CALL for the 6th Belgrade 'School of Visual Anthropology' aka. ŠVA is out. First ethnographic film workshop for filmmakers and social scientists in the Western Balkans! The school will take place between 1st and 10th of July in Belgrade, Serbia. It consists of interactive lectures and mentored field work and post-production work in groups to up to 5 participants. Each group will have had finished a short movie of their own, based on their own ideas and research. The movies will have an open screening on the 10th of July in Serbian Ethnographic Museum, and will also be screened at our partner festivals Etnofff in Skoplje and SEF in Zadar.
ŠVA - 'School of Visual Anthropoloy' aims to introduce visual anthropology to established professionals in film making and/or social sciences who would like to broaden their perspectives as well as to scholars who are new to this field(s). Our teachers and menthors provide theoretical background and practical experience around filming and post-production of short visual anthropological works. The call is open for applicants with or without experience - what matters is enthusiasm towards promotion of social awareness through visual anthropology.Our aim is to encourage critical thinking, fostering tolerance for the Other, while broadening the knowledge of participants as film-makers and social scientists.
As we want the school to be accessible to everybody, no matter social status and income, every year we are collecting voluntary donations, which cover accomodation and food for the lecturers and mentors. If you are able to help us, please do by following this link and spread the word: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/school-of-visual-anthropology-belgrade-2018-community#/
Working and teaching language: English Application deadline: 5th of June 2018.
You can find all the details on our website:
This year' lecturers:
- Pavel Borecky, PhD candidate at University of Bern, Department of Social Anthropology, social anthropologist and non-fiction filmmaker;
- Etami Borjan, Lecturer at the Department of Italian Studies at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb;
- Ibolya Fekete, film director;
- Spyrous Gerousis, ethnographic filmmaker and visual artist;
- Ilina Jakimovska, Associate Professor at Institute for ethology and anthropology at Natural sciences Faculty in Skopje, Macedonia;
- Slobodan Naumović, Associate Professor of Anthropology at the Department of Ethnology and Anthropology at Belgrade University, Serbia;
- Camilo Pasquareli, photographer and anthropologist;
- Miha Poredos, visual anthropologist & filmmaker
- Miomir Rajčević, film- and animation filmmaker
- Marina Simić, Associate Professor of Cultural Theory and Cultural Studies at the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Political Sciences.
- Ivana Todorović, filmmaker;
Vaneasa mailing list Vaneasa@lists.easaonline.org http://lists.easaonline.org/listinfo.cgi/vaneasa-easaonline.org