CFF EXTENSION - Riga Pasaules Film Festival
Dear friends & colleagues,
The Riga Pasaules team is happy to announce that the Call for Films for the 2019 edition of the festival has been extended to 21 December 2018.
Scroll down for the particulars.
Call For Films: The Effective Presence of the Filmmaker
The RIGA PASAULES FILM FESTIVAL (RPFF) will celebrate its 6th edition with a new cycle of film screenings, workshops, a retrospective, and roundtable discussions. The film festival will take place from the 25th - 28th April at our usual venue, Kino Bize - located in the heart of Riga’s Art Nouveau district.
The curating team for this edition of RPFF is calling for films of a broad anthropological persuasion that depict the filmmaker as a constitutive component of the film. The 2019 RPFF programme intends to profile films that acknowledge, develop, and engage with the role of the filmmaker in the content and form of the film. We seek films that indicate ways in which cinematic introspection offers insight into the broader world. The programme will highlight films that suggest that the description of a phenomenon becomes more convincing when the filmmaker elaborates on their presence and role in the filmmaking process.
Our call for films is focused on narratives that attempt to understand the filmmaker as a fully realised character within the film.
Some themes that we are after:
- Different ways in which reflexive subjectivity is achieved in documentary cinema.
- What is the value and what are the limits of introspection?
- What are the narrative, ethical, and cinematic considerations at stake when the filmmaker develops his/her presence?
In order to submit your entry, please consider the following:
- Deadline for film submissions is 21st December 2018
- Submissions must be sent via festival homepage www.kinobize.lv/rpff or FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com/rpff )
- We will only consider submissions completed after January 2016.
- No submission fee required.
- RPFF does not provide screening fees.
We will notify filmmakers the selection results by February 25.
Full programme, including this edition's special events, will be announced by the 27th March 2019.
Further inquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Rīga Pasaules Film Festival
Carlo A. Cubero, PhD Department of Social & Cultural Anthropology
School of Humanities 5 Uus Sadama #314 Tallinn, Estonia 10120
Vaneasa mailing list Vaneasa@lists.easaonline.org http://lists.easaonline.org/listinfo.cgi/vaneasa-easaonline.org