Master of visual anthropology Tromsø, deadloine for inyternational applications 1 December
Deadline for international applicants coming up 1 December! Master of Visual Anthropology at UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
International applications opened 1 October 2020
We invite you to apply to one of only two international master programmes in visual anthropology in the Nordic countries. In Troms there is a focus on ethnographic film with all students having to complete a film as part of their master project. Here are some reasons why our programme may be of interest:
- The programme provides excellent recording equipment for all students for free
- There are six fully equipped editing suites exclusively for student use
- Each student has three dedicated supervisors: technical, film, and anthropology
- The full second year of the two-year programme is focused on completing the master thesis
- UiT provides travel funding of up to 10,000 NOK for the master fieldwork, with other options at the university to apply for grants
- Troms, situated approx 400 km north of the Arctic circle, is, despite its size, a bustling student city with excellent sports and cultural facilities
- The Arctic setting and mountainous natural environment give visiting students memories for life, and turns many of them into very skilled skiers, snowboarders and outdoor enthusiasts, with plenty to offer for those who prefer more urban activities.
The programme, like the rest of the university and city, is very international, thanks also to our long-term experience of exchange and cooperation with universities all over the world and Cameroon and Mali in particular.
- There are no tuition fees.
The dead-line for Nordic applications is 15 April (for international applicants it is 1 December). Please find further info and our info-video here: https://uit.no/utdanning/program/269222/visual_anthropology_-_master
Peter I. Crawford Professor of Visual Anthropology and head of the MVA programme
Peter Ian Crawford Head of the Master of Visual Anthropology Programme Head of the research group EA:RTH (https://uit.no/research/earth) Chairman of the NAFA 2020 Film Selection Committee https://www.nafa2020.com nafa.uib.no Professor of Visual Anthropology Anthropology/ISV UiT The Arctic University of Norway Office: SVHUM D3008, UiT, Troms Mail: UiT, Postboks 6050, Langnes, NO-9037 Troms, Norway Ph.: +47 776 44807 Email: peter.crawford(at)uit.no
Vaneasa mailing list Vaneasa@lists.easaonline.org http://lists.easaonline.org/listinfo.cgi/vaneasa-easaonline.org