Call for Multimodal Contributing Editors at Platypus
apologies for cross-posting
Platypus , the official blog of the Committee for the Anthropology of Science, Technology, and Computing, is looking for Multimodal Contributing Editors. Please apply and circulate!
Are you a multimedia/multimodal ethnographer, artist, or practitioner? Do you make or curate films, photography, comics, music, audiovisual pieces, poetry, or other experimental forms of ethnographic content?
If so, come join our team! Platypus , the official CASTAC Blog, is hiring a new Multimodal Contributing Editor (MCE) starting January 2022.
Platypus aims to promote dialogue on theories, tools, and social interactions that explore questions at the intersection of anthropology and science and technology studies. We seek to build a thriving discourse among a community of scholars concerned about the implications of science, technologized products, and worldviews for human beings and other forms of life. Our approach is interdisciplinary and inclusive.
- The initial period for this position runs from January 2022 – December 2022 with the option to extend the position for another year.
MCEs will create or curate a minimum of two multimedia/modal blog posts that engage with the anthropology of science and technology and/or STS (Please find examples of such posts here
, here , or here ).
- Working with a great team of volunteers from around the world committed to inclusivity and accessibility.
- We will also accept applications from two-person teams who wish to work together in this position.
- As CASTAC is an entirely volunteer-run organization, we are unable to offer compensation for this position.
- Professional or academic interest in STS and anthropology.
- Competence with digital media.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Capacity to work independently and meet deadlines.
Application: The following application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2021:
- a CV
- a cover letter that includes research interests, related previous experience, and a short outline of at least one potential project.
Candidates will be notified by December 8, 2021.
For further information about the blog and the position, please reach out to email@example.com.
Best wishes, Svetlana Borodina, PhD Managing Editor at Platypus (2021-2022)
Mellon Teaching Fellow Harriman Institute Columbia University
Vaneasa mailing list Vaneasa@lists.easaonline.org http://lists.easaonline.org/listinfo.cgi/vaneasa-easaonline.org